It is said, “And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us and of his fullness have all we received and grace for grace”
“All things were made by him and without him was not anything made that was made. ”
“In him was life, and life was the light of men.”
“And the Word was made flesh, And dwelt among us“
“(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father),
Full of grace and truth. ”
” and of his fullness have all we received and grace for grace.”
Jesus (c. 4 BC – c. AD 30 / 33), also known as Jesus of Nazareth or Jesus Christ, was a first-century Jewish preacher and religious leader. He is the central figure of Christianity. Most Christians believe he is the incarnation of God the Son and the awaited Messiah (the Christ) prophesied in the Old Testament.
Jesus was born in Bethlehem. A part of the Roman Empire, under the rule of Herod. Jesus was born into a Jewish family; his parents were Mary and Joseph of Nazareth. Jesus was born in a manger surrounded by animals.
Jesus was visited by three wise men from the east offering gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
Not much is known about Jesus’ early life. Some have also suggested during this period Jesus traveled to India and Persia where he learned something of India’s spiritual tradition before returning to Nazareth.
The gospels say Jesus was baptised by John the Baptist, in the River Jordan. This symbolic baptism was the beginning of Jesus’ ministry.
Following his baptism, Jesus spent 40 days in the desert where he was tempted by the Devil. However, he passed the test and refused any temptations of wealth or worldly gain.
His most famous teachings are the sermon on the mount.
A key characteristic of Jesus’s teachings is stress on forgiveness and love. This represented a departure from the old scriptures which emphasized “an eye for an eye.”
“Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.”
– Matthew 5:38-44
In the last months of his life, Jesus entered into Jerusalem And went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money-changers, and the seats of them that sold doves. And said unto them,
“IT IS WRITTEN, MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED THE HOUSE OF PRAYER… “
And when he came into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? And who gave thee this authority?
And Jesus answered and said unto them.
“A certain man had two sons and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work today in my vineyard.
He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
Whether of them, twain did the will of his father. “
They say unto him, the first.
Jesus saith unto them,
“Verily I say unto you, that the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.”
And when the chief priests and the Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.
- Gargoyle Are Just Architectural Element?
- Why Celebrate Halloween: Facts and Myths
- The Aquarian streak of Ed Sheeran and your Zodiac Sign
- Kylie Jenner Life: A walkthrough
- I Can Argue For Both Sides Of The Case: Libra Personality
- The footballer inside you, according to SunSign.
- The Virgo season and how it influences other Sunsigns
- Netflix, Binge-watch as per Sunsigns
- What does Astrology say about Kardashians?
- Bitcoin and Moneymakers of Zodiac
- Everything about Olympics, and Zodiac Signs in them
- The Brightest Season: Leo Season
- A Halloween Tale, Wicked and Stunning: The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Which ‘Spirited Away’ Character’ Are You By Your Zodiac Sign: Libra to Pisces
- Which ‘Spirited Away’ Character’ Are You By Your Zodiac Sign: Aries to Virgo
- Fair, Diplomatic And Romantic: Welcome Libra Season
- The Game of Thrones: Zodiac Characters: Libra to Pisces
- The Game of Thrones: Zodiac Characters: Aries to Virgo
- Come On Baby, Light My Fire: Leo Season
- Your Zodiac Sign As A Greek God: Aries to Virgo
- Your Zodiac Sign as an Egyptian God: Aries to Virgo