Till now 132 countries and territories have reported more than 142,000 novel coronavirus cases since China reported its first cases to the World Health Organization in December. The Coronavirus is named so because it looks as it is wearing a crown or corona.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases map developed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering.
The official names declared by WHO are:
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
What is a Virus?
A virus is a small infectious agent that replicates only inside the living cells of an organism. Viruses can infect all types of life forms. The word is from the Latin neuter vīrus referring to poison, from the same Indo-European base as Sanskrit viṣa (विष), Avestan vīša, and ancient Greek ἰός (all meaning “poison”).
Viruses are everywhere. One liter of seawater contains over 100 billion viruses. So, it really all comes down to vulnerability. The purpose of a virus is to deliver its DNA or RNA into the host cell to be copied so it can continue.
Viruses do not meet the standards that are generally accepted requirements in defining what “alive”. But they do have a huge impact on living organisms because they are miracles of evolution microbes that exist solely to reproduce and do so with perfect efficiency and no waste.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Shortness of breath
In rare cases, COVID-19 can lead to severe respiratory problems, kidney failure or death.
What to do?
If you have a fever or any kind of respiratory difficulty such as coughing or shortness of breath, call your doctor or a health care provider and explain your symptoms over the phone before going to the doctor.
Over the phone, be sure to tell them. If you have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or if you live in or have recently been in an area with the ongoing spread of COVID-19.
How do you protect yourself from this Coronavirus?
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects people frequently touch.
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Weak immune system
- Chronic disease
Out of all of these factors, you have the most control over the nutrients you get. Getting the right nutrients can also influence your immune system and even stress.
Two things happen when you have nutritional deficiencies:
- It weakens your immune system
- It makes viruses stronger
If we take a look at the fatality rate of the coronavirus pandemic and age, the fatality rate is much higher as the age group gets older. For example, people in their 80s and older may have a higher risk of death than people in their 50s and younger.
COVID-19 also has a much lower fatality percentage than other viruses like ebola SARS and MERS.
Key nutrients for Immunity are:
1. Vitamin C
2. Vitamin E
5. Vitamin D
Our team at MyCuriousMoon wishes all our readers a healthy and happy life.
Eat healthy, stay healthy.
- The Game of Thrones: Zodiac Characters: Libra to Pisces
- The Game of Thrones: Zodiac Characters: Aries to Virgo
- Come On Baby, Light My Fire: Leo Season
- Your Zodiac Sign As A Greek God: Aries to Virgo
- Your Zodiac Sign as an Egyptian God: Aries to Virgo
- Your Zodiac Sign As Egyptian God: Libra to Pisces
- Your Zodiac Sign As A Greek God: Libra to Pisces
- The Symbolism and History of Tarot Cards
- Why Did They Draw Nazca Lines? Were They Airborne!
- Jungian Archetypes And Zodiac Signs
- Fairies: Fickle and Fair, Are They Gemini?
- Which ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Character You Are, Based On Your Zodiac Sign: Libra to Pisces
- The Restless And Young, Bob Dylan, The Gemini Artist
- Which ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Character You Are, Based On Your Zodiac Sign: Aries to Virgo
- Which Taylor Swift Song Are You, By Zodiac Sign: Libra to Pisces
- Which Taylor Swift Song Are You, By Zodiac Sign: Aries to Virgo
- Avengers, What are their Zodiac Sign? Libra to Pisces
- Avengers, What are their Zodiac Sign? Aries to Virgo
- Season To Be Sensual And Stubborn: Taurus Ahead
- Did The Simpsons Predict The Coronavirus Outbreak?
- Classics While Working From Home: Corona Notes
- The Corona Chaos: Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto Hold Summit in Capricorn
- Pisces Season: Why People Hate Pisces?
- Batman The Story Of Scorpio: Revenge And Intensity
- Coronavirus: The Virus With A Crown
- How To Make Him Love You? Zodiac Clues