The movie ‘Meet Joe Black‘ was in limelight again after this tweet with the clip of Brad flirting with Claire before abruptly being hit by two cars at once and dying a horrible, violent death.
It’s Claire Forlani and Brad Pitt turning around to look at each other so many times? It looks quite silly how Brad Pitt keeps stopping right in the middle of the street to look back. He gets hit twice and the movie begins.
Although the movie has Brad Pitt (Joe Black) and Anthony Hopkins (William Parrish) as the leading actors.The movie was not very successful. For the movie was “too long” and extraordinary (artistic liberty) storyline. However, Pitt plays the role of “Death”, who for eternities was doing his work and unwanted or to use Death’s own words:
Just think of millennia multiplied by eons compounded by time without end, I’ve been around that long….Death
Death takes a holiday and falls in love
Now, he wants to to live, and so he takes the body of a recently dead person and uses that to explore life. He makes contact with William Parrish, who is supposed to die of a heart attack. However, “Death” lets him live, so that he can act as a guide for “Joe Black”. The “wooden attitude” or unemotional nature of Joe Black fits in with Death taking on a human form, and feeling totally lost in it.
He eventually begins a romantic relationship with the businessman’s daughter, played by Forlani. Her character is named Susan.
Careful Bill, you’ll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.
Love is passion, obsession, someone you can’t live without. If you don’t start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who’ll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. I’m not hearing any heart. Run the risk, if you get hurt, you’ll come back. Because, the truth is there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love – well, you haven’t lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven’t tried, you haven’t lived.
I think only Death can enjoy peanut butter so intensely as only it has all eternity to taste it. He takes his time with it, rolling his tongue over the spoon and licking his gums, before finally stating the simplest, highest praise that could ever come from the Death himself: “I thoroughly enjoy this peanut butter.”
When did you last take all your five senses, your fresh beating heart and taste anything?
William Parrish confronts Joe about his relationship with Susan
I don’t care Bill. I love her.
How perfect for you – to take whatever you want because it pleases you. That’s not love.
Then what is it?
Some aimless infatuation which, for the moment, you feel like indulging – it’s missing everything that matters.
Which is what?
Trust, responsibility, taking the weight for your choices and feelings, and spending the rest of your life living up to them. And above all, not hurting the object of your love.
So that’s what love is according to William Parrish?
Multiply it by infinity, and take it to the depth of forever, and you will still have barely a glimpse of what I’m talking about.
Those were my words.
They’re mine now.
The character of Joe Black has overtones of Scorpio Sun sign. He seems intimidating and his deep desire for intimacy and perma-bonding makes his magnetic charm is irresistible.
Susan Parrish: “So tell me Joe — How come a man as attractive, intelligent, well-spoken — diffident in the most seductive way, and yet — powerful — is all alone in this world?”
Scorpios are also passionate, loyal and protective. A Scorpio has little patience for simple-minded people. This is a sign that also needs to have complete and total control of a situation. As he handles Drew time after time.
I was hired, you told me, to help bring Parrish Communications into the 21st Century. This merger is the vehicle —
Perhaps a merger is a way to bring Bill’s company into the 21st cen- tury. And perhaps it isn’t. And perhaps cheating on your French Philosophers exam at The Groton School was an expedient way to get your diploma, and perhaps it wasn’t. Be that as it may, Drew, a question can often be argued both ways.
- Why Did They Draw Nazca Lines? Were They Airborne!
- Jungian Archetypes And Zodiac Signs
- Fairies: Fickle and Fair, Are They Gemini?
- Which ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Character You Are, Based On Your Zodiac Sign: Libra to Pisces
- The Restless And Young, Bob Dylan, The Gemini Artist
- Which ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Character You Are, Based On Your Zodiac Sign: Aries to Virgo
- Which Taylor Swift Song Are You, By Zodiac Sign: Libra to Pisces
- Which Taylor Swift Song Are You, By Zodiac Sign: Aries to Virgo
- Avengers, What are their Zodiac Sign? Libra to Pisces
- Avengers, What are their Zodiac Sign? Aries to Virgo
- Season To Be Sensual And Stubborn: Taurus Ahead
- Your Zodiac Sign As Egyptian God: Libra to Pisces
- Your Zodiac Sign as an Egyptian God: Aries to Virgo
- Did The Simpsons Predict The Coronavirus Outbreak?
- Classics While Working From Home: Corona Notes
- The Corona Chaos: Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto Hold Summit in Capricorn
- Pisces Season: Why People Hate Pisces?
- Batman The Story Of Scorpio: Revenge And Intensity
- Coronavirus: The Virus With A Crown
- How To Make Him Love You? Zodiac Clues
- Oscar 2020 Was A Night To Remember: Parasite Joker